10 Nutritious Snacks You Should Always Have In Your Fridge
Especially for people who work from home, the refrigerator is an extremely tempting monster in the kitchen. It’s mid-morning and you feel as though your breakfast was yesterday. Your tummy is growling and begging to be fed. Or perhaps the late night news is on and you simply want a little something to hold you over til the morning. It’s inviting to grab the sugar-laced stuff, however if you have good, nutritious choices in the fridge, then you won’t find yourself 5 pounds heaver in three months.
We are providing you a list of 10 great foods to keep in your fridge. Stock these foods and you will always be ready to have a delicious, guilt-free snack.
10. Edamame – snack food on steamed edamame which are filled with iron, calcium and other vitamins and minerals. It is a Japanese soybean which has a great nutty taste. You can get it fresh in the seafood area or in the frozen section already shelled.
9. Cottage Cheese – this delicious snack is loaded with casein, a protein that keeps you feeling full for a longer time of time. On it’s own, or combine it with fresh fruit for a little bit of sweetness, or almonds for a nice crunch.
8. Peanut Butter – not necessarily in the fridge, but a great, healthy snack. It is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats and folate, a B vitamin. But don’t buy the processed kind off the shelf, get the fresh kind in your deli department – they literally put the roasted peanuts through a grinder, no preservatives or additives.
7. Almonds – a handful of raw almonds provide a wholesome substitute for oily, crunchy snacks like potato chips and crackers). Have them in the fridge to prevent its natural oils from oxidation.
6. Milk – you should always get low-fat or non-fat milk in the fridge. A small cup of milk is quite pleasing and one 8 ounce glass per day helps to provide your daily dose of calcium. A lot better for you than that scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt.
5. Eggs – whether you like to whip up a quick scramble or have them hard-boiled – try to keep eggs available. We always have a half dozen hard-boiled eggs in the fridge – remove the yolk and fill it with hummus for a tasty, robust snack.
4. Miso – this may be an unexpected item to store in your fridge, but you’ll get tons of use from it. Simply mix it with hot water and it dissolves into a tasty soup. Be sure to choose a low-sodium kind.
3. Bananas – they are rich in potassium and fiber, key nutrients for your daily living. Always good on their own, but enjoy with peanut butter or in your oatmeal for a more filling snack.
2. Homemade Kale Chips – very easy to make, and a terrific snack to get around: 1. Preheat oven to 375F; 2. Wash 2 bunches of kale, remove the stems, tear into small pieces; 3. Toss with 2 tsp olive oil and spread on baking sheet; 4. Salt lightly; 5. Bake until crisp and slightly golden around sides (10 minutes).
1. Hummus – an easy go to already prepared in your deli section. As its popularity grows, so do the varieties. Be smart – don’t mix with crackers or chips, enjoy it with sliced veggies or in a hard-boiled egg as described above.
Hope this helps you in maintaining a healthy you! If you found this story helpful, feel free to share with others.
Until next time
Scott & Heidi
Scott & Heidi Shimberg are Serial Entrepreneurs who are keenly studying business opportunities in the online/offline marketplace. Share with Scott and Heidi their lessons in “nuggets”. Know Numis, and tell your friends, family and begin to have Hope too.. Unique version for reprint here: 10 Nutritious Snacks You Should Always Have In Your Fridge.
Thanks! I really hope that you enjoyed reading this article. If you found this information helpful, please click the Like button and share this with your friends. And whether you liked it or not, I would appreciate any feedback, so feel free to comment as well. Thanks again!
For more information on how to lose weight, I invite you to check out number one health and weight loss challenge in North America, I’m talking about the Body by Vi Challenge.
To learn how effectively generate leads, brand yourself, create multiple streams of income, and recruit effortlessly, check out the automated attraction marketing and education system that I use to explode my opportunities, namely Better Web Builder here.
Additionally, you can generate immediate income daily straight into your bank account and you get to keep 100% of it! You get a blogging platform with an Alexa ranking below 2,000, marketing training from top earners, a highly converting sales funnel – AND 100% commissions! This stands on its own or you can use it to build your primary business. You don’t have to set-up websites or Blogs, or even do any selling…they do it all for you! You can join the fastest growing and most unique business on the internet today! Go here now, Empower Network and get Empowered with 100% commissions
Reginald Liggins is an internet marketing trainer and coach who resides outside of Portland in Beaverton, Oregon.
Reginald can be reached at: email@example.com
Filed under: Nutrition
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!