20 Point Fitness Strategy For Cyclists and Triathlon Athletes To Lose 10 Kilos In 5 Months
Actually this worked so well you can lose up to 18 kilos in 8 months! You will find many sources of advice that give you a wealth of food information. This now gives you a fitness strategy. After racing at Elite level in the UK, the US and Italy, when I stopped competing my weight then increased over 20 years, from 78 to 103 kilos.
Even when I trained up to 300 km per week, for special tours or sportives, my weight hardly dropped. After various fad diets, I felt lousy and my weight soon crept back. Sounds familiar? Of course it does – no matter how hard and regularly you train, you must understand how your body reacts to different foods at different times. Otherwise the weight just seems to stick.
You must respect your metabolism and work with it – not against it. This doesn’t need a Ph.D. in Nutrition. Nor deep scientific knowledge. Just discipline. As a serious sports person, you make a commitment to a disciplined training regime. You value your health and fitness. You want to look and feel like an Elite rider every time you ride your bike. So why not follow the same discipline with controlling your weight? And what a difference climbing hills! It’s amazing. Unshed those kilos and you fly up those killer climbs. You recover quicker at the top. You feel so much better that you could go back down and climb that hill again! Seriously. When you lose that weight you will think how ill-disciplined you were, to leave it so long, before taking action to lose it. And it’s not about fads like Atkins or G.I. or others. It’s about balance, moderation and getting into good habits. Habits so good that you can reward yourself regularly – even to the extent of a bar of chocolate any afternoon! Provided, of course, that you are following the other rules carefully, like no other carbs after 6pm.
So here are 20 golden rules for an active cyclist or triathlon rider to lose 10 kilos in 5 months – or about an imperial pound in weight every week. These rules reflect many different pieces of information, advice and learning, over thirty years of battling excess weight. The key is to keep to all the rules, all the time. Then you’ll feel so much better. Rarely hungry. And fly up the hills as if they did not exist! So here are the golden rules to lose 10 kilos, without ever having to feel hungry. Read and follow them carefully. Please try not to break them.
1. Rarely touch alcohol – maximum five units per week and never after 6pm
2. Enjoy a good breakfast based on lots of fresh fruit
3. Eliminate high saturated fat foods like cheese, butter and crisps
4. No caffeine after 3pm.
5. When possible, drink a half litre of water every half hour
6. Do not consume carbs or fats after 6pm.
7. Maximise green vegetables quantities
8. Limit eating red meat to once per week
9. Maximize fish, but always grilled or baked – never fried
10. Keep to five fist sizes of food per day, plus good snacks if you need them
11. Never let yourself get so hungry that you consume larger than one fist size
12. If you feel hungry, snack on nuts, salad or raw vegetables like carrots – not fruit as this will raise your blood sugar too quickly. Then you’ll feel hungry again within an hour
13. When eating, focus on enjoying the nourishment as slowly as possible. Focus on the taste, not another activity or you’ll finish too fast. Then you’ll find it hard to remember enjoying much taste or nourishment
14. Watch overall calorie intake to the prescribed levels
15. Avoid any soft drinks with high sugar levels
16. Train or race after high intake of good carbs at least one hour before
17. Eat or drink 500 calories of good carbs and drink 500ml of fruit drinks or water, every hour during longer training rides
18. Sometimes miss supper after evening training
19. Keep a Food Diary and measure your weight loss just once every week, preferably on Monday mornings
20. Treat yourself often, but stay within your daily calorie limits – and don’t break any of the rules above. So a big bar of chocolate is allowed – the more organic and natural the better – watch those ‘E-numbers’!
Now You Can Get Rid Of Cellulite and try cycling for fitness and Get A Great Mountain Bike Deal. Check here for free reprint license: 20 Point Fitness Strategy For Cyclists and Triathlon Athletes To Lose 10 Kilos In 5 Months.
Thanks! I really hope that you enjoyed reading this article. If you found this information helpful, please click the Like button and share this with your friends. And whether you liked it or not, I would appreciate any feedback, so feel free to comment as well. Thanks again!
To learn how effectively generate leads, brand yourself, create multiple streams of income, and recruit effortlessly, check out the automated attraction marketing and education system that I use to explode my opportunities, namely MyLeadSystemPro here.
Additionally, you can generate immediate income daily straight into your bank account and you get to keep 100% of it! You get a blogging platform with an Alexa ranking below 2,000, marketing training from top earners, a highly converting sales funnel – AND 100% commissions! This stands on its own or you can use it to build your primary business. You don’t have to set-up websites or Blogs, or even do any selling…they do it all for you! You can join the fastest growing and most unique business on the internet today! Go here now, Empower Networkand get Empowered with 100% commissions
Reginald Liggins is an internet marketing trainer and coach who resides outside of Portland in Beaverton, Oregon.
Reginald can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*IMPORTANT: Your free training will be sent to the email address you provide, so please double-check it for accuracy.
SECURE & CONFIDENTIAL: We respect your email privacy. We Hate Spam Too! Any email you receive comes with an ‘unsubscribe’ link.
Filed under: Fitness
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!